Living in Paris
Living in Paris
- Metro and Bus
The Imagine’R card is reserved for students who live in Île-de-France, this special pass gives unlimited travel throughout Île-de-France for less than 350 euros per year.
You can download one of these application to explore Paris : Citymapper and RATP.
- Bicycle: https://www.velib-metropole.fr
Culture in Paris
The leading tourism destination in the world, France enjoys an exceptionally rich and varied cultural heritage. You will have a front-row seat for it while you are studying here: https://www.campusfrance.org/en/cultural-excursions-France
SupBiotech will give you a student ID (“carte étudiante” in French) that will allow you to benefit from many discounts:
- Museums: present your Student ID and will be able to visit the permanent exhibitions of some museums for free! If you want to visit the temporary exhibitions, present your student ID and you will benefit from a discount. Free admission on the 1st Sunday of every month.
- Cinema: Almost all cinemas offer discounts for students: UGC, MK2, Pathe
- University Restaurants: https://www.etudiant.gouv.fr/en/map-resto-u-restaurants-235
- Concerts, opera, theater: www.parisconcertgratuit.com and www.operadeparis.fr/en
Also, do not hesitate to check the Office du Tourisme website: https://parisjetaime.com/eng/
All the information via the following link: https://www.campusfrance.org/en/how-to-eat-in-France-practical-guide
On Campus, there is a cafeteria called « Crocus » and you also have vending machines. More information about the restaurant and market around the school on the Welcome guide.
Most of the Grocery shops in Paris are open all day from 9am to 8pm, Monday to Saturday. Sundays and public holidays are the usual closing days, although there are some exceptions, particularly in touristic areas..
Supermarkets in Paris: Franprix, Carrefour, Dia, Picard, Monoprix …