Skip to content

Administrative procedures

Administrative procedures

Student Life and Campus Contribution (CVEC)

Students admitted to a French institution of higher education are subject to a fee known as the CVEC, which helps to finance on-campus programs that enhance the student experience. Here is everything you need to know about this annual fee.

CVEC is the Student Life and Campus Contribution. By law, it is collected by the Crous. Amounting to €100 in 2023-2024, students may be subject to it or exempt from it, depending on their situation.

It applies to students enrolled in initial training at a higher education establishment in France.

If you register for more than one course in the same academic year, this contribution is only due for the first registration.

The CVEC may be paid online or in cash

To pay online:

To pay in cash at a post office:

Certain exemptions from the CVEC are recognized

Some students are not obliged to pay the CVEC contribution. They include:

Students who are exempt from the CVEC must present a certificate of exemption when they register, which can be downloaded from the website: 

Even if you are exempt from the CVEC, you must register at

If you fall into one of the categories of students who are exempt from the CVEC, you still must register at and then go to the CVEC website, where you will be able to download a notice of exemption`. You will need to show this notice when you register at your university or other institution.

The foregoing steps must be completed before you attempt to register at your university or other institution

You MUST obtain your proof of payment or notice of exemption before attempting to register. You can do this online before leaving for France. You will have to show proof of payment or a notice of exemption in order to register.

Home insurance

Guarantee Visale

A Guide to the Mobile Plan and Internet Providers in France

All the information will be in the following link:

Open a bank account

It can be very practical to obtain a bank account in France, particularly to pay your bills (electricity, rent…) and subscriptions (transport, telephone, internet). 

You can also withdraw in any salary you receive, as well as receive reimbursements for your health expenses.

A French payment card, known as a “Carte bancaire”, will enable you to meet most of your needs, so you don’t have to carry large sums of money around with you. 

Obtaining a bank account is a right recognized by the French authorities.

A foreign student can open a bank account in any bank in France. The various banks have branches in most towns and cities. All you need to do is make an appointment with a bank advisor.

Three documents are required to open an account:

Imagine’R (Student Transportation Card)

All the information will be in the following link:

CPAM Ameli

Prepare for the start of term and think about your social protection! 

Registration for French social security is free of charge and mandatory. It means your health costs will be covered throughout the duration of your studies.

Your registration procedures once you have arrived in France.

When you arrive in France, and after having obtained your certificate of enrolment in a higher education institution, register at the dedicated the “Assurance Maladie” website Then enter the mandatory information and upload the supporting documents requested. It is recommended that you upload all your supporting documents at the same time:

To help you with your registration, watch the tutorial on the website, under “Help”.

After following these steps, your personal account is created. You can access it using the email address entered when registering. 

To guarantee coverage of your health costs and receive medical treatment, it is essential to undertake certain procedures. You can watch these procedures via this tutorial. 

If you encounter any difficulties in registering for the “Assurance Maladie“, contact 36 46 (free service + cost of call) Monday to Friday from 08:30 to 17:30. On request, you will be put in touch with a telephone advisor who will be able to talk to you in English and will offer you a meeting.



Doctolib is a convenient website to arrange an appointment with a doctor. The website is unfortunately not translated into English, but you have the possibility to select a doctor that speaks English.

You can select English in “langues parlées” to obtain the results for doctors that speak English. 

The translation of general practitioner is “médecin généraliste”. 

Please note that you will be asked to give your “carte vitale” at the appointment. The card will also be asked when you retrieve your medication. 


They are easy to find due to their green cross sign.

Hospitals in Paris : The 39 hospitals of the Assistance Publique – Hôpitaux de Paris, located in various parts of Paris and the Île-de-France, provide a service for all the public, 24 hours/24 and 7 days/7. They account for 25 general emergency departments.

Emergency numbers in France

  • SAMU (Ambulance): 15 
  • Police: 17 
  • Fire: 18
  • General Emergency: 112 EU-wide emergency number that will contact emergency services in any EU country or language. Have this number on hand while traveling around Europe.

About SupBiotech

SupBiotech is a school specialized in Biotechnology which provide an
innovative course taught over 5 years after the highschool Degree.
The school is close to both the world of scientific research as well as the
corporate world ans has signed partnerships with universities globally.
Graduates gain quick access to senior position both in France and
abroad in such fields as health and pharmaceuticals, food-processing
innovation, cosmetics, bioinformatics or the environment.
The studies, combining academic fundamentals, student projects and
internships are divided into two parts according to European standards:
the preparatory cycle (2 years) and the engineering cycle (3 years).
Sup’Biotech’s Biotechnology engineering program is accredited by
Medicen Paris Région and Industries and Agro-Resources (I.A.R.).
Sup’Biotech also offers an apprenticeship program starting at the
baccalaureate level, as well as a Bachelor’s degree in Biotechnology,
which is accessible after highschool Degree.


Privately Endowed Graduate Educational Institution - Education Authority of Créteil Registration - This school is a member of IONIS Education Group such as :