3rd year of Engineering Cycle
3rd year of Engineering Cycle
Student engineers in the 3rd year of the Engineering cycle continue to personalize their education path and complete a 6-month work placement.
This last year of schooling means that each student can finalise the objectives of their previous projects.
Common core science and technology
- Advanced Biostatistics
- Data mining
- Combinatorial Chemistry
- Protein engineering
- Reaction engineering
- Innovative Project (SBIP)
- System Regulation
- Geopolitical issues
- Economic Intelligence
- International Management
- Copyright and privacy
- Accounting and Business Plan
Personnalisation of student education with 10 types of curriculum
5 types of curriculum in technical development with professional expertise
- Health: cancerology, neurobiology, angiogenesis, practical exercises, health management
- Cosmetics: reconstructed skin, sensorial analysis, quality control, product development
- Environment: risk management, pollution, bioremediation, bio-sourced chemistry, practical exercises in soil analysis
- Agribusiness: quality control, sensorial analysis techniques, practical exercises, food preservation, traceability
- Food & health: medicinal plants, scientific data analysis, metabolism, epidemiological data
5 different opening curriculum
An educational path run jointly with EPITA with subjects linked to genomics, evolution, Advanced Datamining, advanced molecular dynamics, epidemiology, metabolic network, statistical analysis, chemoinformatics.
Entrepreneurship Curriculum * (limited places)
Setting up a company, managing technological ressources, patents, path to innovation, methods of finance, business plan.
International Cursus (limited places)
Minimum one semester of studies in a partner university abroad. Places are reserved for those students who haven’t yet had the opportunity of spending a semester abroad.
Dual diploma Curriculum (limited places)
Fundamental Research Curriculum (limited places)
- Masters 2 Research and and PhD preparation
- Partnerships with IFSBM (Institut de Formation Supérieure Médicale), l’University of Evry and EPHE (École Pratique des Hautes Études)
* Subject to sufficient number of students applying for this curriculum
Application of skills
The projects come together in specific subjects. Students learn through scientific case study analysis (articles, protocols, patents). Using the experience of professional teachers in the Expertise cycle, students acquire certain reflexes in their work adapted to their future career.
The ‘common theme’ projects call on each student to go further in the acquisition of technical and managerial skills required. The study year ends with an important presentation day where each project team has to prove they have fulfilled all the fixed objectives.
Students are urged more and more to prepare themselves for their future manager careers. They are subjected to simulated job interviews in both French and English. They also spend half a day at the Labour Court.
Finally the student has 6 months to finalize the SBIP proof of concept. At the same time they have to draw up the final report relating to their innovative project, which will essentially summarize the whole development project.